The BASEM pursues several objectives:
- It wishes to bring together all members of the Belgian stock exchange:
- as a meeting place where members of the stock markets can get to know each other better and deepen their knowledge according to the topics covered by the Association;
- as a forum for consultation to provide a better understanding of the sector’s needs and core tasks.
- It defends the interests of financial intermediaries:
- by acting as interlocutor of the financial intermediaries with regard to various government bodies;
- by ensuring that the specificities of Belgian intermediaries and their needs are respected.
- It strives to promote the stock market and venture capital.